Saturday 21 January 2012

Welcome to my World (Blog)

 Life is definitely a journey. For me, so far, it's been relatively good. I say relatively, because to compare with anyone else, well isn't that just it? It's all relative. What may be my good or not too bad life's experiences could be someone else's hell, or what my most awful experience has been, could be someone else's dream life!
One of being a wife and mother, (not quite an empty nester). Married for 26 years to a very good man, and mother to four children (3 boys and 1 girl). Two oldest are up and out and 2 remain. You'll hear more about them later.

My hope and desire for this blog is to share some of what I've gone through in life, the lessons I've learned and am still learning. Hence, the title The Journey. I have thoughts and musings that come to me, born out of circumstances that are happening, have happened to me or to others that I know. I'm not much of a journal keeper, and while that would be beneficial for recording such thoughts and remembrances, they do little to benefit others. So I thought if I were to record these thoughts and pieces of advice as they come to me on a blog, it would serve this dual purpose.

So for today, I might as well start with something that came to my mind this morning as I was cleaning up brunch dishes. I have a young female friend who is quite open to sharing her life's occurrences on face book. My heart goes out to her as she experiences the ups and downs of young adulthood. The heart ache of relationships and other circumstances not turning out quite the way she would have liked. I've often thought to myself, for I am quite fond of her, that I wish I could make things turn out the way she'd like them too. To see her spared disappointment, heartbreak, setback. Of course, this is impossible. What she is experiencing is life itself. I can advise, guide, give of my own experiences to help her choose more wisely, but nonetheless, she will  have times of setback and disappointment that even all the sage advice and wisdom in the world will not stop. She will still have to GO THROUGH such times. Her choices of course will largely play into what kind of life she leads, so I hope and pray she use the wisdom she possesses now to make wise choices.

Life as we know it, is indeed one big learning curve. So many young people have such wisdom. I tell my own children they are so ahead of where I was at their age. Yet, so many flounder, not having had anyone to teach them or show them the way to get a good heard start.

So my blog is really about my own continuing journey. Of continuing to learn even after having learned so much. Maybe what I've learned and will share in the coming days and months in this blog will be of some use to someone else and what I learn from your feedback will teach me new things as well. At least I hope it to be a wonderful sharing experience and opportunity to meet new people that share a desire to grow in their lives, relationship and faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment